Fast work from firefighters was needed on a barn that caught fire in a North Devon village last night (Tuesday, April 12).

Fire crews from Chumleigh, South Molton, and Witheridge were called to the barn in the East Worlington area at 10.10pm.

Working fast, they managed to quickly get the fire under control and extinguished it using a hose reel jet, two thermal imaging cameras, and small tools.


The barn was approximately 15 per cent damaged by fire.

The cause has been confirmed as accidental.