An electrical fault was responsible for a barn fire in a village near Bridport in west Dorset on Monday night.

Crews were called to Wootton Lane in Wootton Fitzpaine at 8.35pm on May 24.

They quickly brought the fire under control using hose reel jets and a carbon dioxide extinguisher.

Consequently, just five per cent of the barn was damaged.

A spokesman for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews have attended a barn fire this evening, the fire was caused by an electrical fault, two hose reel jets and one CO2 extinguisher were used to bring the fire under control and approximately five per cent of the barn was damaged."